day nine handmade holidays: paint your nails!

A sweet friend of mine has become my personal nail polish guru! (and a ton of other people too) Not to mention she gifted me that bottle of Chanel polish for my birthday that I am coveting :) I will let her share her nail geniusness with you:

Tis the season to be festive! Nothing makes me feel more festive than a fun color on my fingertips, so I’m sharing my favorite holiday nail colors with you. I tried to choose both high and low-end polishes, so there is something for every budget.

no. 1 Reds and Golds: There is no better time of year to play with sparkle than the holidays! It’s actually the only time I really go nuts for glittery polish. I know I just said to think beyond red polish, but it really does work on everyone and is perfect for Christmas time. Recently I’ve started hunting for coppery golds, and this stunner on my thumb is my favorite. The richness of the copper looks good on all skin tones, even my pale pinkness. I love a good dark red nail polish, I’m constantly on the hunt for the darkest I can find. Look for something with a bit of shimmer in it so it reads as red, not black. If blood red isn’t your thing, the holidays are a perfect excuse to bust out your brightest, glitteriest red—this ruby slipper-inspired color by China Glaze never disappoints. Chocolate brown is starting to pop up more in polish and I can’t get enough. It’s especially appropriate at the holidays when sweets are everywhere and cocoa is necessary to get warmed up from the inside. Gold is so fun to wear any time of year, but it always brightens my spirits when it’s crummy outside. I bought this gold on impulse while I was waiting in line at Forever 21 and it’s one of my favorites.

Thumb to pinkie: OPI Rising Star, Sinful Colors Burgandy Apple, China Glaze Ruby Pumps, OPI Suzy Says Da, Forever 21 Gold

I’ve been buying polish like crazy for the past two years and the one piece of advice I have is to never judge a polish by its brand. It’s pretty much all made from the same stuff! Thanks for reading! -m

I am surely buying a bottle of Sinful Colors Burgundy Apple in time for Christmas eve -- just three handmade holiday posts left! Stop by tomorrow for: gift tags!

No comments:

Post a Comment