day two handmade holidays: favorite cookies recipe box!

These are my favorite holidays cookies that my mom has been making for I don't know how long. A few seasons ago I started making them as the perfect holiday party treat. They are pretty simple and don't involve an oven!

You will need these ingredients-
no. 1: rice crispies. I found some gluten-free ones with less sugar in the organic section
no. 2: crunchy peanut butter. You will use almost the whole jar!
no. 3: powder sugar
no. 4: semi sweet chocolate, my baking staple :)
no. 5: mini cupcake wraps are great if these are going to a party for individual servings
no. 6: butter

1. Start by melting your chocolate, it will stay smooth while you make the cookies. I always make a double boiler out of a small pan (fill it with about an inch of water), and a cereal bowl over the top.
2. The chocolate will start to melt within about 5 minutes. Start moving the pieces around with a butter knife to help melt them evenly.
3. Move on to your peanut butter mixture. Everything just gets piled together!
First, cream your peanut butter, powder sugar, and butter. Once combined add your crispies a cup at a time. Work together with your hands but careful not to smash the cereal! It will look like no. 3, not too pretty but yummy :)

4. Using your hands roll together small balls. 2 Tablespoons is a good estimate. Then dip your ball into the melted chocolate and sit on some wax paper for cooling. You could get about 2 dozen out of your mixture. Pop the tray in the fridge for 30 minutes to set your chocolate.
5. Here's how they look when all done! You can store them in an air tight container on your counter.
6. Nestle them in little fluted wraps for easy handling around a treat table. Enjoy!

Stop by tomorrow for: stamped gift wrap!

2 comments:

  1. One of my favorites, too. (you forgot to add the butter measurement: 1/4 C). Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been to busy to keep up on your blog!!! It makes me sad! Because I could have made these sooner HAHA

    ReplyDelete