It's Monday! ah!

(photos taken by my mom!)
I swear it was just Friday, how did it become Monday already! So much has happened; a Mumford + Son's concert (<---I heart them very much!), a visit from my mum, an impromptu drive home and back, and an acceptance letter into this year's Crafty Wonderland in Portland. Phew. Now today will be known as "to do list" day, but not just a singular to do list, no, I need a multi layer to do list! Organizing not just my thoughts and ideas but tasks for the following months. Sorry to admit this, but the holiday season is upon us!

On the blog over the following few months: DIY ideas for the holidays, inside my studio as I prep for my upcoming show, my favorite seasonal recipes, a few blog additions, and even posts dedicated to the art of gift wrap!

I leave you with my mom's hot apple cider recipe. With the rains that have come to our doorstep this is a keep-your-heart-warm kind of drink! Enjoy sweet bees.

2 quarts apple cider or juice
3-4 cinnamon sticks - broken into 2" pieces
*if not on hand, 2 t (more or less to taste)
of ground cinnamon is OK
1/4 Cup brown sugar
a dash of nutmeg
a dash of allspice (only if you have some on hand)
a tab of butter
a small piece of orange peel added, if on hand
Heat and serve

No comments:

Post a Comment